Football: Rochdale AFC signs Ryan McLaughlin from Blackpool
Date published: 23 January 2019
Rochdale Football Club has announced the permanent signing of Ryan McLaughlin today (23 January 2019).
The 24-year-old moves to Dale for an undisclosed fee from Blackpool, signing a deal until the summer of 2020.
The versatile right-back, who is comfortable playing a number of positions, started his career at Glenavon before joining Liverpool at 16-years-old. After spending three years at the Premier League side, he moved on to Oldham Athletic in 2016, where he made over 60 appearances in two seasons.
He left the Latics in the summer to join the Seasiders.
Belfast-born McLaughlin has represented his country at various youth levels and has been capped on five occasions by the senior side.
He said: “I’m really excited and delighted to be here.
“I’ve played against Rochdale over the last two or three years so I know the brand of football that the team plays and I think it suits me.
“I’ve played League One football for the last few seasons so I know what the league is about. I know I can do well for the team - it’s just about proving that.
“I can’t wait get to get started.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 3Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 4Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale