Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 06 March 2019
Photo: Martin Watts
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
The Lake Sailing Club's racing season got underway on Sunday (3 March). Conditions were different to the forecast with light winds, almost drifting conditions, for the first two races and it changed greatly for the third race.
Martin Brennan showed that he had not lost form winning the first two races in his Solo. An error in his course in race three gave others a chance to win. Club Commodore Andy Carter, in his Topper dinghy was second overall being runner-up in the first and third races.
The third race was won by young Hector Droungas in another Topper dinghy, with a smaller sail than the Commodore's and having a suitable handicap adjustment. He obviously relished the freshening wind.
Also showing good form were Richard Marsh, with daughter Lauren, in a RS200 with a third and a second place and Les Burns with Alice Morris in a GP14 scoring third and fourth places.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Flooding photo and video gallery - Saturday 16 March 2019
- 2River Roch flood update: here's what we know as of Saturday night
- 3River Roch in Rochdale town centre flooding imminent
- 4Hollingworth Lake bungalow nightmare
- 5Flooding is expected - Roch Valley Way to Yorkshire Street and Albert Royds Street