Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 06 March 2019
Photo: Martin Watts
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
The Lake Sailing Club's racing season got underway on Sunday (3 March). Conditions were different to the forecast with light winds, almost drifting conditions, for the first two races and it changed greatly for the third race.
Martin Brennan showed that he had not lost form winning the first two races in his Solo. An error in his course in race three gave others a chance to win. Club Commodore Andy Carter, in his Topper dinghy was second overall being runner-up in the first and third races.
The third race was won by young Hector Droungas in another Topper dinghy, with a smaller sail than the Commodore's and having a suitable handicap adjustment. He obviously relished the freshening wind.
Also showing good form were Richard Marsh, with daughter Lauren, in a RS200 with a third and a second place and Les Burns with Alice Morris in a GP14 scoring third and fourth places.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man stabbed in Rochdale named by police
- 2Middleton fraudster jailed for £45,000 scam
- 3Police find half a million pounds' worth of cocaine and heroin in container
- 4School denies children being made to fill in ‘toilet form’
- 5Major grant scheme launched to revive buildings in Rochdale’s historic heart