Football: Calvin Andrew named PFA Community Champion
Date published: 28 March 2019
Siobhan McElhinney, Assistant Head of Dale in the Community Sports Trust; Dennis Leman, PFA Community Liaison Officer; Calvin Andrew and Rochdale AFC CEO David Bottomley
Calvin Andrew has been named as the 2018/19 PFA Community Champion for Rochdale AFC.
He was presented with the award by PFA Community Liaison Executive Dennis Leman at half-time during the game against Scunthorpe United on Saturday 23 March.
The award recognises Andrew's contribution to the community, including visits to local schools, his involvement with Rochdale AFC Ladies teams, events held at the Soccer Factory, and many more.
It is the third year in succession that the forward has received the award.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 2Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 3Probation failings "most likely" contributed to murder of Michael Hoolickin
- 4Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 5Councillor Andy Kelly throws hat in ring for Lib Dems ahead of May 2020 Metro Mayor elections