Karate: Hassan Anwar and Ethan Hulse achieve black belts
Date published: 08 April 2019
Hassan Anwar, Black Belt 1st Dan and Ethan Hulse, Black Belt 2nd Dan
Hassan Anwar and Ethan Hulse are the latest members of the DOJO Karate Centre to achieve the highly sought-after black belt standard.
Hassan Anwar achieved Black Belt 1st Dan, while Ethan Hulse achieved Black Belt 2nd Dan, they received their black belts from National Coach Sensei Irfan Ansari (7th Dan) after a tiring testing schedule.
Sensei Irfan Ansari said: “Both have worked extremely hard to reach this standard.
“Hassan, despite being unsuccessful previously on a couple of occasions didn't give up and got there this time.
“I'm however, even more pleased with Ethan's performance.
“Reaching 2nd Dan in our system is difficult, Ethan has grown into a mature and responsible young man who has developed the skill for picking out the detailed but subtle coaching points that have resulted in the desired performance to achieve 2nd Dan.
“They will both be focusing on their GCSEs now and I would like to wish them both the very best of success in their studies and continued progression in Karate.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Appeal for information after 'trafficked' children found living in cannabis farm property
- 2Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 3Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 4Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 5Work commences on former Milnrow police station