Running: Geoff Doggett memorial race sees over 70 people take part
Date published: 02 May 2019
Ella Chadwick with race organiser Andy O'Sullivan
Over 70 runners raced around Whitworth’s Cowm Reservoir on Tuesday (30 April) for the annual Geoff Doggett Memorial 5k.
Participants took in two laps of the reservoir, beginning from the Cock and Magpie pub on Tong Lane.
Salford’s Gammar Adam won the race in a fine time of 16:00, and Helen Smith was first lady with 18:14.
Whitworth’s Pride of Britain star, Ella Chadwick, 11, was guest starter at the Andems race and also presented prizes to the winners.
In October 2018, Ella, who was born with a rare kidney disease, was recognised with the Child of Courage Award at the Pride of Britain awards ceremony, and has since had a local race named after her.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Breaking: Flood alert in place in Littleborough
- 2Attack on plans to demolish the Seven Sisters after report warns Rochdale’s housing services are...
- 3Rochdale has one of the lowest disability-free life expectancy rates in the country
- 4Entry fee introduced for Feel Good Festival and plans for new free family event revealed
- 5Zen recognised as one of the UK’s best places to work