Cricket: Norden coast into quarter-finals
Date published: 25 June 2019
Norden Cricket Club
Norden coasted into the quarter-finals of the Lancashire Cricket Foundation knockout on Sunday 23 June, when they beat Egerton in an away tie.
The home side was reputed to have fielded a weakened team due to having a National Cup match on the same day, and it showed as they were bowled out for only 48.
Norden's openers then knocked off the runs required inside six overs.
Jake Sandham and Chris Humphreys destroyed Egerton’s early order, the top six players in the list managing only five runs between them.
Matthew Cuff provided a bit of resistance with his knock of 20, but he became one of four batsmen to fall to Dominic Humphreys.
The reply was short as Joe Humphreys hit 24 and Saif Bhojani scored 18.
Norden will be at home to Garstang in a quarter-final on Sunday 14 July.
- S Finch b Sandham 0
- T Partington b Sandham 0
- Lyanage c Crabtree b C Humphreys 0
- N Barlow lbw C Humphreys 4
- L Rawsthorne b Sandham 0
- A Thornley b D Humphreys 1
- M Sharif c Crabtree b D Humphreys 8
- M Cuff st Crabtree b D Humphreys 20
- M Hamer b Sandham 0
- J Hyland not out 4
- F Stafford b D Humphreys 0
- Extras 11
- Total 48
- Bowling: Sandham 9-5-13-4; C Humphreys 4-2-6-2; D Humphreys 8-1-21-4; H Fitton 1-0-1-0.
- J Humphreys not out 24
- S Bhojani not out 18
- Extras 10
- Total (for 0 wkts) 52
- Bowling: Liyanage 3-0-23-0; Hyland 3-0-29-0
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Edenfield Road (A680), Rochdale closed both ways at Owd Betts
- 2'Disturbance' closes Sandy Lane as two injured men taken to hospital
- 3A man has been arrested and bailed after a disturbance in Rochdale yesterday
- 4Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 5Man charged with child grooming offences