Football: Rhys Norrington-Davies joins Rochdale
Date published: 03 July 2019
Rhys Norrington-Davies joins Rochdale
Rhys Norrington-Davies from Premier League side Sheffield United has joined Rochdale AFC on a season-long loan.
The 20-year-old highly-rated left-back completed his move to Rochdale on a season-long loan on Tuesday 2 July.
Norrington-Davies started his career at Swansea City before joining the Blades in the summer of 2017.
The Wales Under-21 international spent the 2018/19 campaign out on loan at Barrow, notching up 28 appearances for the Bluebirds.
Norrington-Davies said: “It has been a long process to get to this point, but now that it has been confirmed, I’m delighted.
“I’m really pleased that it’s a season-long loan. The lads are a great bunch, as is the manager.
“I’ve had a couple of training sessions with the squad now and I know what it’s about and what the gaffer wants from me.”
Manager Brian Barry-Murphy said: “The left-back position has been a priority this summer.
“We felt that while we develop our own younger left-backs within the club, it was imperative that we had a player who is capable of coming in and making us a stronger team. We feel as though Rhys is that player.
“Rhys is a player that we know very well and that we’ve monitored for a period of time. He is a very energetic and vibrant player. He’s got an appetite for the game, and he attacks and defends in equal level of intensity and focus.
“He brings something different to the squad and complements the other members of our squad.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 2Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Regional rate of Covid-19 infection and hospital admissions fall in a week
- 5Castleton Health and Leisure Centre undergoes refurbishment as it prepares to reopen after lockdown