Rugby League: Hornets bring in duo as Gillam and Morris depart
Date published: 10 July 2019
Rochdale Hornets have brought in Ben Kilner from super league outfit Wigan Warriors, as well as Kevin Brown from York City Knights.
Kilner joins the club having been part of the Wigan Warriors academy set up on a one-month loan.
The 20-year-old can play at second row and will be a much-needed player when it comes to strengthening the back line.
He has also spent a period away from the Warriors on loan at fellow Championship side Dewsbury Rams earlier this year.
Salford loanee Adam Lawton will also be retained on a week to week basis when his services are not required by Salford.
York City Knights outside back Kevin Brown joins the Hornets on loan as well having come through St Helens academy before moving to the North Yorkshire side in 2018.
Meanwhile, Ellis Gillam and Ben Morris will depart the club and we would like to wish both players all the best in the future and thank them for their services to the club.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 2Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 3Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 4Electric avenue best route for taxi firms
- 5Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know