Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club: Martin Brennan wins trio of races
Date published: 09 July 2019
Martin Brennan, in a Solo, won all three races at the Lake on Sunday (7 July).
The wind was very fickle, varying from calm to an occasional gust making tactical racing quite hard.
However, Junior sailors, Hector Droungas and Jasper Bramwell took out a GP14 and acquitted themselves well with a third place in the third race.
Over the weekend, a number of club sailors took part in an event at Ullswater for the Birkett Trophy. In a mixed fleet of 230 boats, Richard and Lauren Marsh excelled with 9th place overall, and leading RS200, Adam McGovern with Chris Robinson or Ellie Davies in a GP14 were 27th overall.
Chris Massey and Heather Marsh in a Scorpion were 49th while Les Burns and Alice Morris came in 76th.
Several of the Merlin Rocket sailors are away at Salcombe for a week of racing.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 2Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 3Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 4Electric avenue best route for taxi firms
- 5Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know