Football: Pre-season friendly called off between Rochdale and Blackburn
Date published: 10 July 2019
Willbutts Lane Stand
Dale’s pre-season friendly against Blackburn Rovers, due to be played at the Crown Oil Arena on Sunday 14 July, has been called off.
Rochdale has called off the game following advice from its pitch work contractors to avoid two games in two days being played on the pitch, and to help best protect the surface for the season ahead.
Dale's pre-season schedule still includes two home fixtures against Huddersfield Town on Wednesday 17 July and Bradford City on Saturday 27 July.
The testimonial for former Rochdale AFC player Joe Thompson will be held at the ground on Sunday 21 July and Rochdale Hornets are set to play at home on 13 July, 28 July, 4 August and 11 August
The football team then have four matches within the space of 14 days when the 2019/20 campaign kicks-off.
Rochdale Hornets had to change the venue of their home game against Swinton Lions on 30 June due to delays with the work being done on the pitch over the summer.
Rochdale AFC & Rochdale Hornets forthcoming fixtures at the Crown Oil Arena: www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/events/search=crown+oil+arena
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale in Bloom dream of gold as they prepare to welcome RHS judges
- 2Rochdale police column: homelessness and begging
- 3Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 4Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 5Littleborough rocked with first Little Glastonboro festival