Cricket: Mills bags six as Oldham are skittled
Date published: 11 July 2019
Heywood Cricket Club
Heywood gave their Division 3 East survival hopes a shot in the arm with a convincing win at Oldham on Saturday 6 July.
The home side were bundled out for 45 in just 20.1 overs, with James Mills and Lee Grogan turning in impressive spells.
Mills led the way with 6-19 from 10.1 overs and Grogan backed him up at the other end with 2-26.
Heywood then raced to a four-wicket win from 49 balls, despite losing Jacob Kaye, Grogan, Chris Booth and skipper Steve Evans along the way.
Joey O’Neill and Roger Smethurst made sure there were no further alarms with a fifth-wicket stand of 24.
Oldham 2nd X1
- S Jalil c J Kaye b L Grogan 13
- S Eshan c and b Mills 2
- B Latif lbw b Mills 0
- M Omar run out 0
- S Ali c Pagett b L Grogan 7
- M Munawar c Taylor b Mills 7
- S Ali b Mills 4
- Y Sha c Booth b Mills 0
- S Malik not out 11
- K Yakoob lbw b Mills 0
- Extras 1
- Total (for 9 wkts, 20.1 overs) 45
- Fall of wickets: 3-1, 3-2, 9-3, 21-4, 30-5, 34-6, 34-7, 35-8, 45-9
- Bowling: J Mills 10.1-5-19-6, L Grogan 10-3-26-2
Heywood 2nd X1
- J O’Neill not out 10
- J Kaye c Munawar b Malik 0
- L Grogan c Munawar b Jalil 4
- C Booth Omar b Jalil
- S Evans b Malik 3
- R Smethurst not out 10
- Extras 19
- Total (for 4 wkts, 8.1 overs) 46
- Fall of wickets: 1-1, 13-2, 16-3, 22-4
- Bowling: S Malik 4-2-25-2, S Jalil 4-1-14-2, M Omar 0.1-0-4-0
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale in Bloom dream of gold as they prepare to welcome RHS judges
- 2Rochdale police column: homelessness and begging
- 3Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 4Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 5Littleborough rocked with first Little Glastonboro festival