Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 25 July 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Chris Massey and Tom Daniel were the stars on Sunday 21 July at Hollingworth Lake.
The moderate westerly wind gave the Scorpion sailors the maximum opportunity to show off their high-speed downwind planing ability.
Clear wins in the second and third races and a second place in the first gave them the day’s winning spot.
Martin Brennan, in a Solo, was consistent with a first race win, and a couple of runner-up spots. In the last one, he was lucky as Nigel Davey, also Solo, lead into the last mark but failed to tack for the finish line first, giving Brennan the chance to take the win.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale neighbours celebrate lottery win
- 2Body of a 61-year-old man found inside Kirkholt home
- 3Former Westlife singer Brian McFadden covers costs of staging Christmas show raising money for...
- 4‘100 per cent affordable’ homes plan for former pub site
- 5Serial rapist found guilty of 37 offences relating to 11 victims aged between 11 and 71