Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 02 August 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Will Smith proved able to steer a Phantom to two wins and a second place, ahead of Martin Brennan, in a Solo, with a first and a third, despite a light westerly airstream and plenty of rain at Hollingworth Lake on Sunday 28 July.
Only two boats sailed the third race as the heaviest rain started to fall.
This gave Richard Mason and Nicola Thomason, in a GP14, a second-place result.
With the lake having refilled substantially, a junior training week now in progress is able to enjoy sailing out of the harbour.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 2Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 3Probation failings "most likely" contributed to murder of Michael Hoolickin
- 4Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 5Councillor Andy Kelly throws hat in ring for Lib Dems ahead of May 2020 Metro Mayor elections