Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 02 August 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Will Smith proved able to steer a Phantom to two wins and a second place, ahead of Martin Brennan, in a Solo, with a first and a third, despite a light westerly airstream and plenty of rain at Hollingworth Lake on Sunday 28 July.
Only two boats sailed the third race as the heaviest rain started to fall.
This gave Richard Mason and Nicola Thomason, in a GP14, a second-place result.
With the lake having refilled substantially, a junior training week now in progress is able to enjoy sailing out of the harbour.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale neighbours celebrate lottery win
- 2Body of a 61-year-old man found inside Kirkholt home
- 3‘100 per cent affordable’ homes plan for former pub site
- 4Former Westlife singer Brian McFadden covers costs of staging Christmas show raising money for...
- 5Serial rapist found guilty of 37 offences relating to 11 victims aged between 11 and 71