Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 04 September 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
18 Solo sailors turned up at the Hollingworth Lake to compete for their Northern Championship on Sunday 1 September.
In conditions which varied from pleasant to squally gusts, Steve Denison from Bradford had the best results winning the first race and following it up with runner-up places.
The main competition came from two members of Burwain Sailing Club.
Innes Armstrong won two races but suffered from capsizes in the other races, scoring a sixth place in the first one and having to retire from the third.
Stephen Graham won the third race but had mixed results in the other two.
However, despite tying on overall points with Andy Fox, from Leigh and Lowton, his best result gave him third overall.
Apart from the winner, these finishers were all in the veteran division.
Local sailor Martin Brennan deserved better than seventh place overall but the very strong gusts did not suit him.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale people urged to help save lives by supporting COVID-19 research
- 2Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 3Lorry fire on M62 causes lengthy delays for motorists
- 4Last chance to have your say on major motorway upgrade
- 5Plans for a 27-acre solar farm on green belt between Rochdale and Heywood approved