Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 04 September 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
18 Solo sailors turned up at the Hollingworth Lake to compete for their Northern Championship on Sunday 1 September.
In conditions which varied from pleasant to squally gusts, Steve Denison from Bradford had the best results winning the first race and following it up with runner-up places.
The main competition came from two members of Burwain Sailing Club.
Innes Armstrong won two races but suffered from capsizes in the other races, scoring a sixth place in the first one and having to retire from the third.
Stephen Graham won the third race but had mixed results in the other two.
However, despite tying on overall points with Andy Fox, from Leigh and Lowton, his best result gave him third overall.
Apart from the winner, these finishers were all in the veteran division.
Local sailor Martin Brennan deserved better than seventh place overall but the very strong gusts did not suit him.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale woman jailed for five years on drug charges and money laundering
- 2Friendly faces to boost town centre as rangers introduced
- 3Couple begin afternoon tea delivery service 'Tea to the Door'
- 4Rochdale in Rainbows: same-sex and trans symbols replace green man at pedestrian crossings for...
- 5Police have arrested a man following a report of an attempted abduction