Rugby League: Niamh Mullins selected for England Rugby League National Diploma in Sporting Excellence
Date published: 04 October 2019
Niamh Mullins, Rochdale Hornets Women, against Wigan St Patricks
Niamh Mullins, a player for Rochdale Hornets Women, has been selected onto the England Rugby League National Diploma in Sporting Excellence programme (DiSE).
Following a rigorous selection process held at Bradford Bulls Training Facility against over 50 young girls, and with just 30 places on offer across the country, Niamh, 17, of Milnrow, was selected.
Julie Durrant, of the Rochdale Hornets Sporting Foundation, said: “Rochdale Hornets are delighted for Niamh and wish her the best of luck.”
The RFL DiSE programme is a national scheme running for two years from 2019 – 2020.
It aims to develop future players for England Rugby League with a focus towards the 2025 World Cup Squad and the women’s game whilst focusing on higher education, apprenticeship or work.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 2Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know
- 3Pedestrian taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision
- 4 Motorist issued parking ticket despite explaining she could not charge electric car
- 5Inclusive playground unveiled at Redwood School