Rugby League: Niamh Mullins selected for England Rugby League National Diploma in Sporting Excellence
Date published: 04 October 2019
Niamh Mullins, Rochdale Hornets Women, against Wigan St Patricks
Niamh Mullins, a player for Rochdale Hornets Women, has been selected onto the England Rugby League National Diploma in Sporting Excellence programme (DiSE).
Following a rigorous selection process held at Bradford Bulls Training Facility against over 50 young girls, and with just 30 places on offer across the country, Niamh, 17, of Milnrow, was selected.
Julie Durrant, of the Rochdale Hornets Sporting Foundation, said: “Rochdale Hornets are delighted for Niamh and wish her the best of luck.”
The RFL DiSE programme is a national scheme running for two years from 2019 – 2020.
It aims to develop future players for England Rugby League with a focus towards the 2025 World Cup Squad and the women’s game whilst focusing on higher education, apprenticeship or work.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1CCTV footage released of armed burglary in Middleton
- 2Did you witness an armed robbery in Middleton?
- 3Counting the coronavirus cost - Rochdale Council offers support as households struggle with council...
- 4Borough town centres to be made "safe and welcoming" as lockdown eases
- 5Bamford salon owner inspires college students during lockdown