Swimming: Aquabears win third place as a collective at the Glyn Mettam Memorial Open
Date published: 27 November 2019
Aquabears show off their medal haul
Local swimming club Aquabears won third place at the Glyn Mettam Memorial Open at the Sheffield Ponds Forge on Monday 7 October.
With only ten swimmers at the Open, the Castleton-based swimming club won the impressive place as a collective swim team.
The team, accompanied by their coach by Ryan Manchester, won 18 gold, 11 silver and five bronze medals.
A spokesperson for the club said: “We are really proud of our swimmers and their achievements at Sheffield. Third place overall is a terrific result for what was one of the smaller teams there.
"We continue to live by our club purpose; to develop high performing swimmers in an inclusive and fun environment, where every swimmer is coached and encouraged to be the best that they can be.”
Aquabears formed in 1979, bringing through many national, international and Olympic swimmers.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New coronavirus walk-in testing centre is being set up in Middleton
- 2Nearly 90 ‘much-needed’ new homes to be built on Middleton estate
- 3Prime Minister announces planning permission shake-up
- 4Face coverings to be compulsory in shops and supermarkets from 24 July
- 5Members raise over £5,000 for Rochdale Cricket Club