Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 06 December 2019
Photo: Martin Watts
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
There was some very close racing in the shifty northerly wind on Sunday (1 December).
Martin Brennan led the way in the first race in his Solo, an expert in the lighter winds. Behind him came Stuart Bates and Emma Turner in a Merlin Rocket.
In the second race, Richard Marsh and daughter Lauren, in a RS200, found the way round better and edged ahead of Martin Brennan on corrected time by 30 seconds.
This time Martin and Rene Watts brought their Merlin Rocket into 3rd place. As the wind eased for the third race, results were closer still.
On the corrected time for their handicaps, the Marshs and Stuart Bates with Emma Turner were tied for first place and just 23 seconds ahead of Martin Brennan.
So Richard and Lauren Marsh were winners on the day, but Martin Brennan leads the series, which ends next Sunday.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1What should glasses wearers, contact lens and hearing aid users do when instructed not to touch...
- 2Primulas planted on Rochdale canal towpath stolen
- 3A man has been charged after a woman was raped in Rochdale
- 4Police appeal for information following death of Rochdale man
- 5Tony Lloyd MP hospitalised with coronavirus