Rugby league: Sam Freeman signs for Rochdale Hornets
Date published: 19 December 2019
Rochdale Hornets logo
Sam Freeman, a product of the Widnes Vikings academy and youth system, has signed for Rochdale Hornets for the 2020 League 1 season.
Freeman, 20, scored four tries on his Vikings home debut earlier this year in a win over York City Knights and was their Under 19s Players' Player of the Year in 2018.
"I'm made up to have signed for Rochdale," he said.
"I felt really welcome as soon as I stepped into the club and was impressed with their plans and ambition to drive the club forward.
"I've had a few sessions and have been impressed with the set up and the lads at the club and I'm really looking forward to pushing on this year and trying to get the club back into the Championship."
On the latest addition, head coach Matt Calland added: "Sam is young, fit and athletic and he fits the bill for the sort of player we are looking for.
"He has pace to burn and can play fullback or wing.
"Welcome to the club, Sam."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1What should glasses wearers, contact lens and hearing aid users do when instructed not to touch...
- 2Primulas planted on Rochdale canal towpath stolen
- 3A man has been charged after a woman was raped in Rochdale
- 4Police appeal for information following death of Rochdale man
- 5Tony Lloyd MP hospitalised with coronavirus