Boxing: Habil Khan turns pro
Date published: 26 February 2020
Habil Khan (right) has signed a contract with Asgar Tair (left)
An amateur boxer from Queensway ABC has signed a professional contact with one of Tyson Fury’s boxing team.
Habil Khan, 22, has signed a contract with Asgar Tair after winning the North West regional title three times between 2014 and 2017, and reaching the semi-finals of the national championships in 2015/16.
His record stands as winning 14 of 19 amateur fights.
Manager Tair, who has been an assistant trainer for Tyson Fury and Billy Joe Saunders, said: “It’s an exciting signing as Habil has what it takes to really make some noise and also inspire local boxers from the area.
“After rest and repair, Habil has been training very hard and has sparred some decent pro boxers, which caught the eye of highly-rated trainer and former British/European champion Pat Barrett, who has invited Habil to his gym to train full time.”
Tair hopes Habil’s first pro fight will be around March or April.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale residents may not have to pay council tax until July
- 2Coronavirus: the local companies offering takeaway and delivery services
- 3Subway surprise staff at Rochdale Infirmary
- 4Residents trapped abroad by coronavirus travel restrictions
- 5JD Sports 'putting thousands at risk' by remaining open amid coronavirus pandemic