Football: Rochdale Military Veterans AFC 8 - 4 AFC Fylde
Date published: 12 March 2020
Rochdale Military Veterans AFC
Rochdale Military Veterans AFC travelled to Fylde on Saturday 14 March for their first league game since the team formed last month.
It was a great win for Rochdale against a very tough AFC Fylde side, in very windy and cold conditions up on the Fylde coast,
Danny Sirisamband and Cameron Pomroy scored four goals each to secure a great first win for Rochdale.
Volunteer Adam Trennery said: "Every single player put 100% effort in and it showed on the pitch how quickly we started to gel as a team."
The next game for Rochdale Military Veterans is away to Man City Veterans at the start of April.
Fully affiliated by Rochdale AFC and Dale In The Community Sports Trust, the team trains on Fridays at the Soccer Factory in Rochdale, between 7-8pm.
The session is open to all ex-servicemen and is free of charge to take part in.
For more information, contact Keith Hicks on 07958 593 121.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser set up for Rochdale couple after their 3-year-old son loses battle with cancer
- 2Free bulky waste collections to be introduced in Rochdale as council aims to stamp out fly-tipping
- 3New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 4Care firm that refuses to pay the living wage blasted by MPs over latest ‘unfair’ workforce plans
- 5Funeral fundraiser organised for 2-year-old Daisy Taylor