Football: Rochdale Military Veterans AFC 8 - 4 AFC Fylde
Date published: 12 March 2020
Rochdale Military Veterans AFC
Rochdale Military Veterans AFC travelled to Fylde on Saturday 14 March for their first league game since the team formed last month.
It was a great win for Rochdale against a very tough AFC Fylde side, in very windy and cold conditions up on the Fylde coast,
Danny Sirisamband and Cameron Pomroy scored four goals each to secure a great first win for Rochdale.
Volunteer Adam Trennery said: "Every single player put 100% effort in and it showed on the pitch how quickly we started to gel as a team."
The next game for Rochdale Military Veterans is away to Man City Veterans at the start of April.
Fully affiliated by Rochdale AFC and Dale In The Community Sports Trust, the team trains on Fridays at the Soccer Factory in Rochdale, between 7-8pm.
The session is open to all ex-servicemen and is free of charge to take part in.
For more information, contact Keith Hicks on 07958 593 121.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale residents may not have to pay council tax until July
- 2Coronavirus: the local companies offering takeaway and delivery services
- 3Subway surprise staff at Rochdale Infirmary
- 4Residents trapped abroad by coronavirus travel restrictions
- 5JD Sports 'putting thousands at risk' by remaining open amid coronavirus pandemic