Rugby league: Mayfield preview
Date published: 13 March 2020
After last week's comfortable victory over Egremont, Mayfield travel to Leeds on Saturday (14 March) to face Hunslet Warriors.
Hunslet started their campaign with a superb win at Wath Brow and they could be the team to watch again this season. Mayfield coaches Sam Butterworth and Steve Wood are all too aware of the quality within the Hunslet side but will travel with confidence and enthusiasm.
Last week's flying start was especially pleasing to the coaches and Butterworth said: "I am absolutely buzzing with the start we made, especially our defence which was superb throughout. Although we scored five tries I would still like to see us do better with the ball in hand; we have some very creative players and some strong runners who can benefit from that. That is not just something I would like to see it is an absolute necessity if we are to come away with anything against Hunslet."
Cole Connolly and Chris Hough worked well together again last week as did new second row pairing Liam Donnelly and Adam Vrahnos. Butterworth will be hoping they all put in a similar performance today.
Fixture 14 March 2020
NCL Premier Division: Hunslet v Mayfield
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser set up for Rochdale couple after their 3-year-old son loses battle with cancer
- 2Free bulky waste collections to be introduced in Rochdale as council aims to stamp out fly-tipping
- 3New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 4Care firm that refuses to pay the living wage blasted by MPs over latest ‘unfair’ workforce plans
- 5Funeral fundraiser organised for 2-year-old Daisy Taylor