Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 26 July 2020
Sailing at Hollingworth Lake
With racing on the Lake now permitted, a dozen boats have been out on the last two Sundays. These have all been single handers. Martin Brennan, in a Solo, has again led the fleet on handicap with three wins. Dave Smith in a Phantom was the leading boat on the water but he needed to be further ahead of Martin Brennan than he managed.
In the first race, Adam Din in a Laser came second while in the next two races, Andy Carter took that place in a Solo.
The club’s younger sailors, in Toppers, did well with Jasper Bramwell and Hector Droungas each taking a third and a fourth place.
There will also be Wednesday evening racing from now onwards.
During the recent period of lockdown, some sailors have been enjoying virtual racing online. This has sharpened their tactical skills and Jasper Bramwell has scored an outstanding result in an International Topper Class Regatta. He finished 10th overall where most other entrants were adults and he was the thrid placed British entrant.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Heywood business closed after breaching Covid-19 regulations
- 2In-depth interview with Rochdale’s director of public health on testing, regional restrictions and...
- 3Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 4Police appeal after biker seriously injured
- 5Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions