Conor Grant signs contract with Rochdale AFC
Date published: 01 February 2021
Rochdale AFC has announced that midfielder Conor Grant has joined the club on a permanent deal from Sheffield Wednesday.
The Irishman is Brian Barry-Murphy’s second acquisition on transfer deadline day and has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal.
Grant joined Sheffield Wednesday as a scholar in 2017, following spells as a youngster at Irish sides Malahide United and Shamrock Rovers.
The 19-year-old signed a professional contract with Wednesday in December 2018, making his only appearance for the club against Dale in the second round of the Carabao Cup in September 2020.
“I’m excited to get going,” said Grant.
“My agent said to me a couple of weeks ago that Sheffield Wednesday were talking about a loan, but the gaffer here wanted a permanent deal, which I was all for. I’m really looking forward to working with him.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Concerns for people in Rochdale's most deprived area as masterplan goes out to consultation
- 2Man suffers serious injuries after car flips on roof
- 3Bedsit plan for former pub refused on grounds it would offer ‘unacceptable standard of...
- 4For Sale: 22ft Narrowboat with trailer
- 5Seven arrested in Operation Foam dawn raids