Medal haul for Maryam Nurani at East of England Martial Arts Competition
Date published: 21 September 2023
Maryam Nurani with her medals
World championship martial artist Maryam Nurani won five medals after competing in the East of England Martial Arts Competition in Norwich on 17 September.
The young fighter, seven, of the Dojo Karate Centre, won three gold medals in traditional Japanese kata, weapons kata and point sparring, as well as two silver medals in kumite and continuous point sparring.
Mum Zabina said: "Maryam is growing strength by strength and achievements like this are showing the passion she has for martial arts. She always follows her mentor Sensei Irfan Ansari's advice and complex training regime at the Dojo Karate Centre.
“The encouragement Maryam has received throughout her karate journey so far, from the people of Rochdale has been tremendous.
“I cannot thank you all enough; your support is very much appreciated."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 2Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 3Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 4Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook
- 5Concerns after one of Europe’s ‘most important wildlife sites’ in Greater Manchester turns ‘dirty...