Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club: winning day for Jasper Bramwell
Date published: 20 September 2023
Photo: Graham Knox
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club coming ashore
One way or another, it was Jasper Bramwell’s day on Sunday (17 September) at Hollingworth Lake.
The strong easterly wind presented challenges to racing though it eased occasionally. It did result in a capsize for Les Bithell and Emma Turner, in a Merlin Rocket, who finished fourth in the first race instead of a possible win.
In the first race, Jasper sailed well in his Topper, finishing ahead of Martin Brennan (Solo) on the water, before applying handicaps. Xavier Bramwell, also Topper, held third place.
In the second and third races, Jasper crewed with Adam McGovern in a GP14 for some fast spinnaker downwind sailing and two clear wins. Steady sailing Martin was runner up with Les and Emma in third place.
Only the GP14 and plucky Annabelle Bramwell (Topper) went out for the third race being runner up.
A number of others were either away on holiday or sailing elsewhere.
On Saturday, there had been training sessions in particular for junior team racing.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 2Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 3Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 4Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook
- 5Concerns after one of Europe’s ‘most important wildlife sites’ in Greater Manchester turns ‘dirty...