8-0 win for Rochdale Military Veterans team in Northwest Military League debut
Date published: 06 October 2023
Rochdale Military Veterans football team
The Rochdale Military Veterans team played – and won – their first match in the Northwest Military League on Sunday (1 October).
The team, led by Adam Trennery, wore the Rochdale new away kit for the first time in a match against Wigan at The County Ground, Leyland.
With goals from Adam Trennery, Cameron Pomroy, Jamie Moore and Rob Young, the side won the match 8-0.
Rochdale AFC Community Trust's Inclusion Coordinator, Liz Cotterill said: "It took us some time to get our team together, and work out the logistics as our team already plays on a Sunday morning - but our team absolutely smashed their first game in the NW Military Veterans League and we're really very proud of them."
Rochdale AFC Community Trust runs several bespoke fitness programmes for veterans, as well as offering a brew and a chat.
If you’re a veteran and interested in learning more about how to get involved please email Liz Cotterill for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 2Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 3Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 4Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook
- 5Concerns after one of Europe’s ‘most important wildlife sites’ in Greater Manchester turns ‘dirty...