Cian Hayes joins Dale on loan
Date published: 06 October 2023
Cian Hayes has joined Rochdale AFC from Fleetwood Town on a one-month loan.
The 20-year-old has featured six times for Fleetwood Town this season, scoring once in the EFL Cup against Port Vale.
The winger has made 80 appearances in total for the Cod Army since progressing through their academy. He became Fleetwood Town’s youngest-ever player to appear for the club when he made his debut in a 5-2 EFL Trophy win over Oldham Athletic in 2019.
Hayes signed his first professional contract for Fleetwood in January 2021.
Later that year, the winger joined Northern Premier League side FC United of Manchester on a one-month loan, scoring twice in four games.
After joining Dale on loan from the League One side, Hayes said: “I’m buzzing, I want to get some games, want to score some goals and I want to help the team to reach higher in the table.
"I’m a player that likes to get on the ball high up the pitch, I like to dribble past players, create chances, and just do anything really to help the team.
“He [Jimmy McNulty] has said that he’s really excited to work with me, and I’m really excited to work with him.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 2Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 3Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 4Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook
- 5Concerns after one of Europe’s ‘most important wildlife sites’ in Greater Manchester turns ‘dirty...