Dojo Karate competition winners
Date published: 24 October 2023
Dojo Karate achieved gold, silver and bronze at the Midland Open Championships
Team Dojo returned from the Midland Open Championships on Sunday 15 October 2023 with a huge haul of medals.
The team came back with a impressive 13 gold, 17 silver and 14 bronze medals which is incredible and shows the hard work and dedication that the students put into their training at the club and in preparation for competition.
This external competition was also a opportunity for competitors to qualify for the European Martial Arts Games in London next year to represent Team Great Britain.
Everyone performed really well on the day and for some, it was their first external competition, which is a huge achievement in itself just to have the confidence to get on the mats and compete.
Notable performances were from Zahra Farooq (first external competition), Maryam Nurani, Rawezh Hama, Stevieann Partington, Diya Kerai and Sensei Huseyn.
A spokesperson for the club said: "We'd like to thank squad coach Sensei Huseyn and Diya for coaching competitors and the parents for taking their kids down to the competition.
"The preparation and hard work continues now to get ready for the European Games in London in 2024."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 2Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 3Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 4Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook
- 5Concerns after one of Europe’s ‘most important wildlife sites’ in Greater Manchester turns ‘dirty...