Hockey: Rochdale Ladies 1 - 3 Didsbury Greys
Date published: 16 November 2023
Photo: Rachel Jackson
Claire Hoyle was named player of the match
A glorious sunny day saw Rochdale at home against Didsbury Greys 2nds on Saturday 11 November.
Didsbury started confidently with attacking runs from the pushback but were soon met with a strong Rochdale defence; even the opposition themselves admitting Hoyle was like a brick wall against chances in the D.
As the game progressed, Rochdale grew more confident and held possession for the majority of the game with the midfield and wings working relentlessly. Didsbury made the most of opportunities that came their way despite Rochdale’s dominance to go ahead in the first half.
Into the second half, Rochdale pressed on up the pitch with some great passing throughout and this pressure resulted in a penalty corner being awarded. From the top of the D, Cowdell fed the ball into play where Yates did a reverse slap into the net.
Following this, Didsbury piled on the pressure but Rochdale maintained their strength in defence with a late goal line save from keeper Partington, Hoyle and Moon.
The final score ended 3-1 to Didsbury Greys 2s.
Player of the match was Claire Hoyle.
Report by Hannah Palmer
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘The last wild green space’ that locals fear could be turned into housing or a car park
- 2Places for Everyone plan for 175,000 homes goes to final stage following inspectors’ report
- 3Obituary: Heather Jane Leech
- 4Rochdale by-election: Green Party candidate no longer endorsed by party just weeks before voters go...
- 5Rochdale by-election: Residents prepare to cast their vote