New solar panels and battery storage for Rochdale Sports Club
Date published: 20 January 2024
New solar panels at Rochdale Sports Club
Rochdale Sports Club is set to reduce its carbon footprint and its energy bills by a staggering amount after installing solar panels and battery storage at its Bridgefold Road site.
The sports club says the new addition should reduce its carbon footprint by over 18 tonnes per year, as well as saving £15,000 per year on its energy bills.
The system was installed by Revilo Developments and funded through grants from the Valancia Community Fund and Rochdale North Township Committee.
Andy Parton, from Rochdale Sports Club, said: “Revilo Developments Ltd did a fantastic job in designing and installing the perfect system for our needs.
“The club is extremely grateful to Valancia’s Community Fund for its grant of £50,000 and Rochdale Council’s North Township Committee for its grant of £5,000.
“Without their help, the club could not have afforded to install this system.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Serious collision on Wildhouse Lane leaves driver in life-threatening condition
- 2David Tully’s reaction to being the runner up in the Rochdale by-election
- 3Autistic Middleton author's latest book explores how to survive puberty as a teenage girl with...
- 4Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions
- 5Rochdale by-election: George Galloway wins seat and independent David Tully is second with over...