Hockey: Rochdale Ladies 5 - 1 Bolton Ladies
Date published: 09 February 2024
Ladies captain Dionne Collinson
Good weather brought good omens for Rochdale ladies as they set out against Bolton at home on Saturday 3 February.
After tough hassling in the first half the home team scored, Knowles’ lifted cross finding Yates’ reverse stick and into the goal.
Rochdale had countless opportunities driving up the right wing through Pickering and the midfield (McDonald, Hockaday and Hodcroft) which created an abundance of shots inside the D. Despite Bolton equalising at the end of the half, the second half saw Black score to boost Rochdale back into the winning position.
Both sides had many short corner opportunities which were tackled fiercely in attack and defence; Leech’s early intercepts damaging Bolton’s attacking front.
Following a cross from Collinson, Hodcroft’s shot on goal rebounded and the ball found itself in prime position for Burrell to bury it in the back of the net. Shortly after, Parton assisted Black to set Rochdale three goals clear of the opposition. Although the clock was ticking down, Rochdale’s stamina didn’t falter and a fifth and final goal was secured by Parton making the end result 5-1 to Rochdale Ladies.
Captain Collinson said: “What a game! Absolute class play. When Bolton turned up they thought they were in for an easy ride but we did not back down. Well done all! Proud is an understatement.”
Keeper; Samantha Partington
Defence; Dionne Collinson, Claire Hoyle, Kieran Leech & Hannah Palmer.
Midfield; Gemma Hodcroft, Claire Hockaday, Daisy Parton & Roisin Pickering.
Forwards; Arabella Yates & Katie Burrell.
Substitutes: Lily Black, Becky Knowles & Claire Hockaday.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale by-election: George Galloway wins seat and independent David Tully is second with over...
- 2Rochdale by-election: Green Party candidate no longer endorsed by party just weeks before voters go...
- 3David Tully’s reaction to being the runner up in the Rochdale by-election
- 4‘The last wild green space’ that locals fear could be turned into housing or a car park
- 5Places for Everyone plan for 175,000 homes goes to final stage following inspectors’ report