Milnrow & Newhey ARLFC Reunion
Date published: 12 June 2008
The reformed Milnrow & Newhey ARLFC are hopeful of a bumper turnout at Saturday's (14 June) reunion at Firgrove Working Mens Club. All past players ,coaches, committee and supporters are invited to attend the party which starts at 7.30pm.
A request has been made that if anyone has any old photo`s, videos, press cuttings or other memorabilia from any of the Milnrow or Newhey clubs as well as the junior side, The Cobras, please take them along so everyone can share in the memories.
A list of former coaches makes interesting reading, with names such as the former Hull and Hornets player Charlie Birdsall. Former Halifax captain Gordon Baker, another former Hornet in Kevin Lowe. International players such as former Great Britain Rugby League and Rugby Union Lion Malcolm Price who helped out with the coaching at Milnrow at few years back. Alongside characters like Dave "Crazy Horse" Whittaker from the amateur game who coached at the old Newhey Club when they were based at the former Newhey Conservative Club.
A club spokesman said: "It promises to be a fantastic night with players from the current Milnrow & Newhey set in attendance alongside representatives from Milnrow & Newhey's partner club, Rochdale Swarm, and a hoped for excellent turnout from past players and officials."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Front entrance of Rochdale railway station closed for seven days from Monday
- 2Stunning replica of planet Earth to be unveiled next month in Rochdale
- 3Rochdale to adopt 20mph speed limit on residential roads as councillors back call for safer streets
- 4Rochdale health visitor wins award for supporting isolated families during the pandemic
- 5Police investigation underway after two men assaulted in Rochdale