Bunnings Warehouse to create over 100 jobs in Rochdale
Date published: 12 September 2017
New Bunnings Warehouse, to open later this year on Sandbrook Park
Home improvement and garden retailer Bunnings Warehouse has announced plans to open its first store in the North West later this year, creating more than 100 new full and part-time jobs in Rochdale.
The store is scheduled to open later this year on Sandbrook Park, and the new Bunnings Warehouse team will receive hundreds of hours of training in both product knowledge and specialist tasks such as paint mixing.
The Rochdale store continues the momentum of establishing Bunnings Warehouse in the UK, which offers leading brands and products, as well as in-store D.I.Y. Workshops for customers and support to local community groups.
Josh Hyde, Regional Operations Manager, said: “We want to build a high-quality team so we can build strong business foundations for the future.”
Bunnings, the leading retailer of home improvement and outdoor living products in Australia and New Zealand, acquired Homebase for £340million in February 2016 – and plans to spend a further £500million building a new Bunnings business in the UK and Ireland over the next three to five years.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 2One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 3Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds
- 4Man made threats to obtain a firearm and kill
- 5Inquest into teenager’s death adjourned during hearing