Annual Law Association Dinner
Date published: 28 November 2017
MP Tony Lloyd; Joe Egan, President of the Law Society; Lindsey Britland, President of the Rochdale Law Association; Mayor and Mayoress of Rochdale; Robert and Joanne Ackroyd and Stephen Greenwood, Retired Judges
The Annual Law Association Dinner took place at Nutters Restaurant, Norden on Friday with over 100 solicitors, former judges and guests in attendance.
Joe Egan, President of the Law Society, was the guest speaker and joining him on the top table were Tony Lloyd MP, Lindsey Britland (President of the Rochdale Law Association), the Mayor and Mayoress, Ian and Christine Duckworth, and retired judges Robert Ackroyd, Joanne Ackroyd and Stephen Greenwood.
Other special guests included Val Buckley, also a retired judge, John Pollittt, President of the Oldham Law Association and John Hainey, President of the Manchester Law Society.
Established in 1905, the Rochdale Law Association has a history of supporting its members with help and guidance, as well as the wider Rochdale community through fundraising for local charities.
The annual dinner is the highlight of the association’s calendar and this year was sponsored by LawShare, TM Group and PKW Accountants.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 2Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 3Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell
- 4PC Gareth Roscoe final written warning for gross misconduct
- 5Letter: How can we take Tony Lloyd seriously as our MP?