Mayfield Sports Centre spruced-up with new cladding
Date published: 19 January 2018
The new look for Mayfield
Mayfield Sports Centre is enjoying a spruced-up appearance after receiving new cladding from local firm M&G Industrial Services Ltd.
M&G’s Graham Glover, who used to play for the Castleton rugby team when he was a young boy, explained: “Mayfield is close to my heart, it is such a family-orientated club, and it gives the children something to do. I used to play for the side when I was young, and my son plays for them now.
“The exterior was looking so run down that we decided to install the materials the club purchased absolutely free of charge. Everything just looks so much better now, the previous cladding was dented and loose with some missing pieces.”
With business partner Rod Miller, the pair, who established the company in February 2017, have been working on the club’s makeover between other jobs for around four weeks.
They hope to be finished in time for Mayfield’s game against Crosfields, which will be streamed on BBC Sport on Saturday 27 January.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Young woman from Norden cause of death attributed to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- 2Letter: Hollingworth Lake Rochdale's ‘jewel in the crown’?
- 3Man charged with murder of a woman
- 4Mayor Making Ceremony 2018 - Mohammed Zaman is the new Mayor of Rochdale
- 5Fundraising restarted for Samantha Smith’s third surgery abroad