Beech House School
Date published: 30 November 2017
Beech House School
The Times’ ‘Parent Power’ school list
Beech House School has been placed 12th best school/college in the Greater Manchester area on The Times’ ‘Parent Power’ school list.
Beech House School was also the top school in the north of Manchester; nationally the school was placed 39th. The school is delighted with the results and extends congratulation to all the staff and pupils.
ISA North of England basketball finals
In the ISA North of England basketball finals held at Rochdale, Beech House finished in third place. The team won three and lost two games. The defeats were against the silver and gold medal winners.
National Film Festival
As part of the National Film Festival, the Upper Prep travelled to Halifax to watch ‘Zootropolis’. Years 7 & 8 enjoyed ‘Rogue One’ at the same venue. Years 9 to 11 travelled to Sandbrook Park to watch ‘An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power’.
The Ruby award has been presented to Imaan Afzal in the Upper Prep, and Dominic Dodd, Gabrielle El Hage and Usman Mahmood in the Senior department.
Pupil of the Week Certificates were awarded to:
• Nursery – Essa Siddique
• Reception - Kaiden Engelk
• Year 1 – Tyler Mhizha
• Year 2 – Haydar-Ali Shahzad
• Year 3 - Saud Tabassam
• Year 4 - Shu Yu Zhao
• Year 5 - Anais Aston
• Year 6 - Alexander Zebedee-Howard
The House Point totals for the Autumn first half term in the Upper Prep are: Saturn 30, Jupiter 30, Mercury 27, and Neptune 20.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillor Richard Farnell resigns as Leader of Rochdale Borough Council
- 2Fierce battle raging for leadership of Rochdale Council
- 3Opposition leaders respond to Council Leader’s resignation
- 4Letter: Time for Labour to ditch the tactics of Brett, Farnell and Emmott
- 5Keystone Properties and Rochdale Plastics named amongst employers failing to pay national minimum...