‘Curryoke night’ at Venus Lounge raises over £600 for St Christopher's Lourdes Group
Date published: 06 December 2017
The packed-out 'curryoke night' has raised over £600 for St Christopher's Lourdes Group
Over £600 was raised for St Christopher's Lourdes Group at a ‘curryoke night’ at Heywood’s Venus Lounge restaurant.
The group plans to take young volunteers to Lourdes next year to assist sick and elderly people from across the Salford Diocese.
The pilgrimage, which has been running for 85 years, helps elderly and disabled people visit the renowned pilgrimage site in the south of France.
Councillor Liam O'Rourke, who has been with the pilgrimage for over ten years and leads the group, said: "The night was absolutely brilliant. We managed to raise over £600 from the event and donations are still rolling in - Heywood people really did us proud.”
Florence Sheen, co-leader of the group, said: "It was really wonderful to see so many people supporting a worthwhile cause.
"The more young people we can help get over to Lourdes to assist elderly and disabled people will make the experience for some of the most vulnerable people in society so much better."
To get involved in the group or to find out more, contact Councillor O'Rourke: 07986 555 396
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillor Richard Farnell resigns as Leader of Rochdale Borough Council
- 2Fierce battle raging for leadership of Rochdale Council
- 3Opposition leaders respond to Council Leader’s resignation
- 4Letter: Time for Labour to ditch the tactics of Brett, Farnell and Emmott
- 5Keystone Properties and Rochdale Plastics named amongst employers failing to pay national minimum...