Deeplish Community Centre launches multi-activity club
Date published: 08 January 2018
Children enjoying the junior youth sessions at Deeplish Community Centre
Children aged between eight and 11 can now participate in a multi-activity club at Deeplish Community Centre.
'Junior youth sessions' offer sports, arts and indoor games with professionally-trained coaches and artists, supported by dedicated volunteers and staff from the community centre.
Sohail Ahmad, Operations Manager from Deeplish Community Centre, commented: “We are pleased to work in partnership with Link4Life and to see children engaged locally inside our community centre with professional coaches.
“The project is based on last year’s success which runs to promote sports amongst younger children, improve wellbeing, reduce obesity and give them chances to learn new skills.”
Leigh-Anne Carnall, Link4Life, said: “Young children are very keen to participate in multi-activity clubs and we continue offering these sessions to improve fitness and help children to make new friends, stay safe and healthy.”
The club is run every Tuesday from 6pm – 7.30pm at Deeplish Community Centre.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child