Heywood community groups awarded funds from police ‘Giving Back’ event
Date published: 16 May 2018
Six Heywood community groups have been awarded with funds from a police ‘Giving Back’ event on Saturday 12 May.
The ‘Giving Back’ scheme means Greater Manchester Police can put funds into areas of the region, helping the local community using money seized from criminals.
In the borough, Heywood was put forward and 15 groups presented varying bids for between £100 and £10,000.
They were then voted on by the public before six winners were chosen.
- Heywood Amateur Operatic Dramatic Society (HAODS) - £4,000
- Kats Dance - £2,000
- PossAbilities- £4,000
- St Luke’s Scout and Guide Hut - £7,000
- Soul Sistas - £1,000
- Roch Valley Raiders BMX Club - £2,000
A spokesperson for the police said: “We would like to thank all the residents that came along and supported the 15 groups that presented their bids.
“As a result of the matched funding from Rochdale Council, we were able to help six groups based on the votes made by you the public.
“We would like to extend our congratulations to those winners.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Young woman from Norden cause of death attributed to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- 2Man charged with murder of a woman
- 3Letter: Hollingworth Lake Rochdale's ‘jewel in the crown’?
- 4Mayor Making Ceremony 2018 - Mohammed Zaman is the new Mayor of Rochdale
- 5Fundraising restarted for Samantha Smith’s third surgery abroad