Paul Rowen makes his singing debut on national TV
Date published: 09 December 2008
Paul Rowen sings his heart out on national TV
Paul Rowen MP has hit the right note as he makes his singing debut on national TV.
The Rochdale MP, who is used to debating and talking politics, decided to try out his voice box on BBC’s Politics Show on Sunday (7 December).
He sang alongside 11 other MPs in a special festive version of the popular political magazine programme.
Many more millions spotted it as Paul appeared at prime time on Friday evening in a special trailer for the programme.
Paul said, “I enjoyed the experience but it was one I would be reticent to repeat. I have had mixed reviews of my singing debut but I am game for a laugh. For the past few weeks, I have been going to lots of fantastic carol concerts throughout Rochdale and it was nice to get in on the act.
“The 12 days of Christmas is one of my favourite carols but in future, I think I’ll leave it to the people of Rochdale to sing it to me and concentrate on the politics. I have been out and about in Wardle and it’s amazing how many people commented!”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Trains delayed or cancelled between Manchester Victoria and Todmorden
- 2Laura Coe concerned with planning 'breach' by Persimmon Homes
- 3H Bell ringing the changes with new indoor market
- 4Council spends £8.1 million on Marks and Spencer and Mecca Bingo premises
- 5Pub landlord Eric Hoyle ordered to pay over £8,000 for illegal broadcast of Sky Sports