Car bursts into flames at BP garage on Bury New Road
Date published: 14 July 2017
The car burst into flames at the BP petrol station on Bury New Road in Heywood
A car burst into flames at the BP garage on Bury New Road in Heywood on Thursday morning (13 July).
Dramatic pictures show huge flames emerging from the engine of the car.
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue extinguished the blaze using hose reels and breathing apparatus.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “We were called at 11.50am to a petrol station on Bury New Road to reports of a car on fire.
“Police attended and found a car on fire at the entrance of the forecourt.
“Nobody was injured and it is believed that the fire started accidentally.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man snapped on ladder balanced on roof of transit van on blind bend in Whitworth
- 2Residents object to planning application for takeaway
- 3Some town centre car parks closed on Saturday
- 4Council Business Rates Officer Matthew Ravey charged with fraud offences
- 5Central Retail Park stores evacuated over ‘abandoned rucksack’