Car bursts into flames at BP garage on Bury New Road
Date published: 14 July 2017
The car burst into flames at the BP petrol station on Bury New Road in Heywood
A car burst into flames at the BP garage on Bury New Road in Heywood on Thursday morning (13 July).
Dramatic pictures show huge flames emerging from the engine of the car.
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue extinguished the blaze using hose reels and breathing apparatus.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “We were called at 11.50am to a petrol station on Bury New Road to reports of a car on fire.
“Police attended and found a car on fire at the entrance of the forecourt.
“Nobody was injured and it is believed that the fire started accidentally.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Explosions heard for miles as M62 is closed due to vehicle fire
- 2The Empire, and 25 Ten Boutique, 'strike back' with fun filled photo shoot
- 3Chloe Campbell has been found safe
- 4Link4Life under fire for offering £5,000 fee for a consultant
- 5RBH guarantees town centre homes for residents at College Bank and Lower Falinge if flats are...