Burglary warning for residents of Smallbridge, Wardle, Firgrove and Littleborough
Date published: 16 July 2017
There have been seven burglaries in Smallbridge, Wardle, Firgrove and Littleborough since 1 July.
The thieves are forcing entry to properties on Oldclay Drive, Thimbles Close, Wardle Road, Brakehouse Close and Halifax Road during the day and night.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: "Thieves are mostly opportunistic, looking for easy ways into your home and sadly some properties have fallen foul in this way due to forgetting to lock doors or close windows.
"Please ensure your windows and doors are locked at all times.
"Take keys out of your doors and windows and keep out of view - you don't want to fall victim of the 'hook and cane' method.
"Take keys, handbags and wallets upstairs with you at night.
"We ask you to please remain vigilant. You know what looks wrong in your street - let us know of any suspicious behaviour and ring 101 without delay.
"If you think you're witnessing a crime actually taking place please dial 999 immediately."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man snapped on ladder balanced on roof of transit van on blind bend in Whitworth
- 2Residents object to planning application for takeaway
- 3Some town centre car parks closed on Saturday
- 4Council Business Rates Officer Matthew Ravey charged with fraud offences
- 5Central Retail Park stores evacuated over ‘abandoned rucksack’