Burglary warning for residents of Smallbridge, Wardle, Firgrove and Littleborough
Date published: 16 July 2017
There have been seven burglaries in Smallbridge, Wardle, Firgrove and Littleborough since 1 July.
The thieves are forcing entry to properties on Oldclay Drive, Thimbles Close, Wardle Road, Brakehouse Close and Halifax Road during the day and night.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: "Thieves are mostly opportunistic, looking for easy ways into your home and sadly some properties have fallen foul in this way due to forgetting to lock doors or close windows.
"Please ensure your windows and doors are locked at all times.
"Take keys out of your doors and windows and keep out of view - you don't want to fall victim of the 'hook and cane' method.
"Take keys, handbags and wallets upstairs with you at night.
"We ask you to please remain vigilant. You know what looks wrong in your street - let us know of any suspicious behaviour and ring 101 without delay.
"If you think you're witnessing a crime actually taking place please dial 999 immediately."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Explosions heard for miles as M62 is closed due to vehicle fire
- 2The Empire, and 25 Ten Boutique, 'strike back' with fun filled photo shoot
- 3Chloe Campbell has been found safe
- 4Link4Life under fire for offering £5,000 fee for a consultant
- 5RBH guarantees town centre homes for residents at College Bank and Lower Falinge if flats are...