Man dies after collision in Heywood
Date published: 19 September 2017
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Junction of Bury Street and North Street, Heywood
A man who was taken to hospital with a serious head injury after a collision in Heywood on Tuesday 12 September died on Saturday (16 September).
A Vauxhall Mokka was travelling along Bury Street, away from Heywood Town Centre at about 10.15pm on Tuesday 12 September and when it approached North Street it collided with a man, who has been not yet been formally identified, who was crossing the carriageway.
Officers from the GMP Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating the circumstances surrounding the collision.
Police Constable Paul Shore, GMP Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “This was a tragic incident that has left a family devastated.
“We are working to piece together the events which have led to this incident, and I would ask that anybody who witnessed the collision or has dash-cam footage to come forward.”
Anybody with information should contact the SCIU on 0161 856 4741 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 2Rochdale set for direct link to Manchester airport
- 3Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 4Council windfall from Manchester Airport Group shares
- 5Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell