Grimshaw Lane to be closed for two weeks whilst United Utilities carry out repairs
Date published: 03 November 2017
Grimshaw Lane in Middleton is to be closed for two weeks from Thursday 2 November to allow United Utilities to carry out repairs on one of its pipelines.
The lane will be closed underneath the old railway bridge near to the Railway & Linnet pub.
The pipeline is believed to be leaking from a point somewhere under the bridge and engineers need to close the road to allow them to investigate, pinpoint the leak and carry out repairs.
The water company says it will be writing to local businesses to warn them about the work.
Mark Jones of United Utilities said: “Local traders will still be open for business throughout the two-week road closure and a diversion route will be marked.
“We’re sorry about the disruption but the road is just too narrow for us to get in and do the necessary work without closing it to traffic. We’ll do everything we can to complete the repairs quickly.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Severe blow for Rochdale Riverside development as M&S pulls out
- 2Body of a man discovered at Oxford Drive
- 3Paul Wayne Fettig charged with possessing indecent photographs of children and extreme images
- 4Paul Lawson: Coroner rules accidental death
- 5Collision between tram and car on Drake Street suspends Metrolink services