Cronkeyshaw Common annual bonfire and firework display
Date published: 03 November 2017
The annual council-organised bonfire and firework display at Cronkeyshaw Common
Cronkeyshaw Common was the venue for the annual Rochdale bonfire and firework display on Thursday (2 November).
Thousands eagerly gathered on the Common around a crackling bonfire, lit shortly before 7pm.
As the scent of sugary candyfloss filled the air, a steady plume of smoke rose high into the clear night sky with the heat of the flames being felt even behind the safety barrier.
Children clutching sparklers and bright flashing toys gazed in wonder as a glittering firework display began at 7.30pm, lighting up Rochdale with colourful bursts of greens, reds, yellows and purples before a spectacular finish.
Details of all of the organised bonfires and firework displays in the borough can be found at:
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park