Stolen car splits in two after hitting bus stop
Date published: 12 November 2017
Photo: Sam Holt
Car split in two after hitting bus stop in Whitworth
A Ford Focus, believed stolen, split in two when it hit a bus stop on Market Street, near Oakenshaw Avenue, Whitworth on Sunday night (12 November).
The two male occupants are understood to have fled, one in the direction of Tonacliffe and one towards Healey Dell.
Lancashire police officers and the police helicopter are searching for the occupants concerned for their welfare.
The ambulance service is also at the scene.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Severe blow for Rochdale Riverside development as M&S pulls out
- 2Body of a man discovered at Oxford Drive
- 3Paul Wayne Fettig charged with possessing indecent photographs of children and extreme images
- 4Paul Lawson: Coroner rules accidental death
- 5Collision between tram and car on Drake Street suspends Metrolink services