Rochdale in top three handing out parking fines
Date published: 05 December 2017
Parking ticket (stock photo)
Rochdale has been revealed as one of the top three north west locations where motorists are most likely to receive a parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice), according to a new Freedom of Information request by Compare the Market.
Between July and September, 7,303 fines were issued in the borough with a revenue of just over £130,000 – the hotspot for fines was Town Hall Square.
Paying on average up to £70 per ticket, over 79,890 tickets were issued across the top ten fining councils for the same time period, including seven districts across Greater Manchester - Rochdale, Bolton, Salford, Oldham, Trafford, Stockport and Tameside.
Liverpool topped the north west tables with a revenue of over £607,000 from the 18,948 fines issued in the same time period.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 2"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child