Man's body found on Dyehouse Lane
Date published: 26 December 2017
Dyehouse Lane, Rochdale.
A murder investigation has begun after a man's body was found on a country lane on Christmas Day.
The victim was found dead at about 8:15am, in Dyehouse Lane, Rochdale.
He has not yet been identified and a Home Office post-mortem examination is due to take place to establish the cause of death.
Police are appealing for witnesses to help find out the circumstances around the man's death.
Det Ch Supt Mary Doyle, from Greater Manchester Police's major incident team, said: "We have a full team of detectives working to find out who the man is and what happened to him.
"We are hoping members of the public can help us work out this man's last moments."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale man part of jailed heroin ring
- 2Two men charged with attempted murder following an axe attack
- 3Uproar as Fusilier Lee Rigby memorial in Woolwich removed by local council
- 4Uninsured driver let off lightly after splitting car in two
- 5Coroner rules misadventure as cause of death after woman fell off bridge