Hornets' fans run for fun and charity
Date published: 30 October 2009
Fans of Rochdale Hornets put their best foot forward with a family fun run in aid of children’s charity, MedEquip4Kids.
The rugby club took part in a 5.8k sponsored fun run around Chorlton Meadows, organised by community-run club, FC United.
The money raised by Rochdale Hornets supporters will be split between MedEquip4Kids and the rugby club.
Prizes were awarded for fastest adult and fastest junior along with best fancy dress and other fun categories.
The first ‘minithon’ took place last year when FC United raised £20,000 with 100 supporters taking part. This minithon was an even bigger event as the club opened the event to fans of Rochdale Hornets and members of Trafford Athletics Club to raise money for MedEquip4Kids and their own clubs.
MedEquip4Kids provides specialist paediatric medical equipment for use in hospitals and community health teams across the region. The equipment is specifically for use in children’s wards and neo-natal units to ensure children and babies are receiving the best possible care when sick or injured.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Explosions heard for miles as M62 is closed due to vehicle fire
- 2The Empire, and 25 Ten Boutique, 'strike back' with fun filled photo shoot
- 3Chloe Campbell has been found safe
- 4Link4Life under fire for offering £5,000 fee for a consultant
- 5RBH guarantees town centre homes for residents at College Bank and Lower Falinge if flats are...