Bishop of Middleton to divorce
Date published: 30 May 2012
It has been announced that the Bishop of Middleton and his wife Joanne are to divorce after 21 years of marriage.
Bishop Mark Davies and Joanne issued a joint statement, saying: “We have spent a considerable amount of time, thought and prayer arriving at this difficult decision. But we have decided that this is the correct course of action for both of us and our family.
"There are no third parties involved in the circumstances of this decision. Having made an open and honest statement on the issue, we request that individuals and the media respect our privacy.”
A spokesperson for the diocese said: “Our thoughts and prayers are with Joanne, Bishop Mark and their family at this time. We hope people will respect their wishes for privacy.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Abid Hussain jailed for 16 and a half years for conspiracy to supply Class A and B drugs
- 2Rochdale Sixth Form College 99% A-level pass rate and outstanding Oxbridge success
- 3Mecca Rochdale pays out £1.42m in prize money
- 4Rochdale town centre door staff to wear bodycams
- 5Thousands of jobs at Wilko at risk